I am Bojie Li (李博杰), a Senior Engineer with Computer Network and Protocol Lab, Distributed and Parallel Software Lab, Central Software Institute, Huawei 2012 Labs. From 2019/06 to 2020/04, I was an architect and committer of Auto Kernel Generator (AKG), a sub-project of MindSpore. Now, I am working on next generation data center interconnects.
In 2019, I obtained my Ph.D. in Computer Science from University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) and Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA), supervised by Prof. Lintao Zhang and Prof. Enhong Chen. I was among the first to work on data center systems with programmable NICs, which is the topic of my Ph.D. thesis. I have published papers on SIGCOMM, SOSP, NSDI and ATC.
2019/06 - 2020/04: Architect and Committer of MindSpore AKG (Auto Kernel Generator), open source.
AKG automatically compiles mathematical formulas written by kernel developers or graph optimization engine to low-level assembly of an NPU (neural processing unit). To maximize performance, AKG uses polyhedral compilation to fully automate scheduling and memory management in a complicated memory hierarchy of an NPU.
My role: architect and technical leader of dynamic shape; one of the architects of polyhedral compilation framework; one of the committers.
My technical contributions:
- Propose and implement novel solutions to non-affine access, parametric tiling, etc., which are classic open problems in polyhedral compilation;
- Refine polyhedral schedule constraints to fit NPU architecture;
- Design a combined manual and automatic schedule mechanism;
- Design the architecture and key algorithms to support dynamic shape, e.g., algebraic simplification of multivariate polynomial.
2020/04 - now: next-generation data center network and interconnect (not public yet).
My role: one of the software architects. I designed multiple key innovations of the project.
We are hiring exceptional people with passion for rethinking next generation data center architecture. We are one of the only teams on Earth that work closely with designers of virtually every chip in a server: from main CPU, to SmartNICs, storage and NPU (AI accelerator), which opens up a vast design space. We also have strong academic expertise and production experience in distributed systems and data center networking, which enable us to identify problems of state-of-the-art technologies, and design novel architectures to reshape the decades-old data center interconnects. Our team spreads over Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Hangzhou.
base64 -d <<< "Ym9qaWVsaUBnbWFpbC5jb20K"
base64 -d <<< "Kzg2LjE1MDExMjcyODc3Cg=="
- 微信 (wechat): bojustc
- Telegram: bojieli
- 知乎: https://www.zhihu.com/people/li-bo-jie
- SocksDirect: Datacenter Sockets Can be Fast and Compatible
Bojie Li, Tianyi Cui (co-first authors), Zibo Wang, Wei Bai, Lintao Zhang.
Proceedings of the 2019 ACM SIGCOMM Conference (SIGCOMM ‘19).
- KV-Direct: High-Performance In-Memory Key-Value Store with Programmable NIC
Bojie Li, Zhenyuan Ruan (co-first authors), Wencong Xiao, Yuanwei Lu, Yongqiang Xiong, Andrew Putnam, Enhong Chen, Lintao Zhang.
Proceedings of the 26th Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP ‘17).
- ClickNP: Highly flexible and High-performance Network Processing with Reconfigurable Hardware
Bojie Li, Kun Tan, Layong (Larry) Luo, Yanqing Peng, Renqian Luo, Ningyi Xu, Yongqiang Xiong, Peng Cheng.
Proceedings of the 2016 ACM SIGCOMM Conference (SIGCOMM ‘16).
Co-authored publications (ORDER BY publication_date DESC):
- Online Deadline-Aware Task Dispatching and Scheduling in Edge Computing
Jiaying Meng, Haisheng Tan, Xiang-Yang Li, Zhenhua Han, Bojie Li.
IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), 2020.
- Joint Heterogeneous Server Placement and Application Configuration in Edge Computing
Jiaying Meng, Chaoliang Zeng, Haisheng Tan, Zining Li, Bojie Li, Xiang-Yang Li.
IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS ‘19).
- MP-RDMA: Enabling RDMA With Multi-Path Transport in Datacenters
Guo Chen, Yuanwei Lu, Bojie Li, Kun Tan, Yongqiang Xiong, Peng Cheng, Jiansong Zhang, Thomas Moscibroda.
IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN), 2019.
- Towards Stateless RNIC for Data Center Networks
Pulin Pan, Guo Chen, Xizheng Wang, Huichen Dai, Bojie Li, Binzhang Fu, Kun Tan.
Proceedings of the 3rd Asia-Pacific Workshop on Networking (APNet ‘19).
- Dedas: Online Task Dispatching and Scheduling with Bandwidth Constraint in Edge Computing
Jiaying Meng, Haisheng Tan, Chao Xu, Wanli Cao, Liuyan Liu, Bojie Li.
IEEE INFOCOM 2019 - IEEE Conference on Computer Communications.
- FUSO: Fast Multi-Path Loss Recovery for Data Center Networks
Guo Chen, Yuanwei Lu, Yuan Meng, Bojie Li, Kun Tan, Dan Pei, Peng Cheng, Layong Luo, Yongqiang Xiong, Xiaoliang Wang, Youjian Zhao.
IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN), 2018.
- ST-Accel: A High-Level Programming Platform for Streaming Applications on FPGA
Zhenyuan Ruan, Tong He, Bojie Li, Peipei Zhou, Jason Cong.
IEEE International Symposium on Field-Programmable Custom Computing Machines (FCCM ‘18).
- A High-Performance and Flexible Chemical Structure & Data Search Engine Built on CouchDB & ElasticSearch
Ren-zhi Li, Bo-jie Li, Guo-zhen Zhang, Jun Jiang, Yi Luo.
Chinese Journal of Chemical Physics, Volume 31, Number 2.
- Multi-Path Transport for RDMA in Datacenters
Yuanwei Lu, Guo Chen, Bojie Li, Kun Tan, Yongqiang Xiong, Peng Cheng, Jiansong Zhang, Enhong Chen, Thomas Moscibroda.
Proceedings of the 15th USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI ‘18).
- The Feniks FPGA Operating System for Cloud Computing
Jiansong Zhang, Yongqiang Xiong, Ningyi Xu, Ran Shu, Bojie Li, Peng Cheng, Guo Chen, Thomas Moscibroda.
Proceedings of the 8th Asia-Pacific Workshop on Systems (APSys ‘17).
- Memory Efficient Loss Recovery for Hardware-based Transport in Datacenter
Yuanwei Lu, Guo Chen, Zhenyuan Ruan, Wencong Xiao, Bojie Li, Jiansong Zhang, Yongqiang Xiong, Peng Cheng, Enhong Chen.
Proceedings of the First Asia-Pacific Workshop on Networking (APNet ‘17).
- Fast and Cautious: Leveraging Multi-path Diversity for Transport Loss Recovery in Data Centers
Guo Chen, Yuanwei Lu, Yuan Meng, Bojie Li, Kun Tan, Dan Pei, Peng Cheng, Layong (Larry) Luo, Yongqiang Xiong, Xiaoliang Wang, Youjian Zhao.
Proceedings of the 2016 USENIX Annual Technical Conference (ATC ‘16).
Ring0 is the most privileged protection level in CPU architectures, in which code interacts directly with physical hardware. The concept of protection ring dates back to MULTICS in 1960s. In x86 architecture, ring0 is an acronym for OS kernel and kernel mode drivers, as opposed to user mode applications in (typically) ring 3.
My blog use this domain name
ring0.me to demonstrate my interest in fundamental research and technologies that build up computer systems and networks.
- 2014 - 2019, Joint Ph.D. program with Microsoft Research Asia and University of Science and Technology of China, Ph.D. in Computer Science (Thesis PDF)
- 2010 - 2014, Undergraduate, School of Gifted Young (major in Computer Science), University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, Anhui
- 2007 - 2010, No.2 High School, Shijiazhuang, Hebei
- 2004 - 2007, No.2 Middle School, Shijiazhuang, Hebei
- 1999 - 2004, Zhongshan Primary School, Shijiazhuang, Hebei
- 2016.09 - 2019.05 Research Intern, Intelligent Cloud and Edge group (Systems Research group), MSRA
- 2015.07 - 2016.09 Research Intern, Wireless and Networking group, MSRA
- 2014.07 - 2014.09 Research Intern, Wireless and Networking group, MSRA
- 2013.07 - 2014.05 Research Intern, Wireless and Networking group, MSRA
- 2019.12 ACM ChinaSys 优秀博士学位论文奖 (ACM ChinaSys Doctoral Dissertation Award)
- 2019.12 ACM 中国优秀博士学位论文奖 (ACM China Doctoral Dissertation Award)
- 2019.06 中国科学院院长优秀奖 (CAS Presidential Scholarship)
- 2019.04 安徽省普通高校品学兼优毕业生 (Honored Graduate in Anhui Province)
- 2019.04 中国科学技术大学优秀毕业生 (Honored Graduate in USTC)
- 2017.12 Global 1st place in IT Pros Category, Microsoft Hackathon 2017
- 2017.10 微软学者奖学金 (Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Award)
- 2017.10 博士生国家奖学金 (China National Ph.D. Scholarship)
- 2017.08 Most Impact Award in Beijing Venue, Microsoft Hackathon 2017
- 2016.10 Best Presentation Award, MSRA Student Techfest 2016
- 2016.08 Global 2nd place in Cloud and Enterprise Category, Microsoft Hackathon 2016
- 2013.08 “微软小学者” 奖
- 2013.05 校优秀学生干部
- 2013.02 参加美国数学建模竞赛 (MCM), Successful Participant
- 2012.01 “网站开发讨论班” 优秀讲师
- 2011.10 校 Robogame 机器人大赛，团队获服务机器人组最佳创意奖
- 2009.10 在全国高中数学联赛中获得省一等奖 (河北省前 10 名)
- 2009.07 在全国高中信息学竞赛 NOI 2009 中获得铜牌 (全国第 69 名)
- 2008.11 在全国高中信息学联赛 NOIP 2008 中获得省一等奖 (河北省第 2 名)
- 2020.05 Shanghai Tech. University, Online Guest Lecture. Slides
- 2019.11 The 2nd Internet Architecture Conference (CICC’19), Chengdu. Slides
- 2018.09 Google, Inc., Beijing
- 2018.09 Cambricon Technologies, Beijing
- 2017.12 Open Source Operating System Annual Technical Conference 2017 (OS2ATC ‘17), Beijing
- 2017.11 Baidu Corporation, Beijing
- 2017.11 University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei
- 2017.11 Fudan University, Shanghai
- 2017.08 The First Asia-Pacific Workshop on Networking (APNet ‘17), Hong Kong
- 2017.07 China SDN Research Training Camp, Nanjing
- 2016.10 Microsoft Research Asia Ph.D. Forum, Beijing
- 2016.09 Tsinghua University Ph.D. Forum, Beijing
- 2016.08 University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei
- 2020.06 - now Reviewer, ACM Transactions on Computer Systems (TOCS)
- 2015.02 - now USTC 评课社区 核心开发者
- 2015.09 - 2016.01 微软亚洲研究院高级软件工程课程助教
- 2013.01 - 2013.07 科大格物物联创业团队成员
- 2012.05 - 2013.05 校学生 Linux 用户协会（Linux User Group）会长
- 2011.05 - 2012.05 参与创办少年班学院学生会技术部，任首任部长
- 2011.05 - 2012.01 校团委网络工作办公室技术部首任部长
- 2010.09 - 2011.05 参与创办校学生格物致知社，任副会长